Wednesday 10 October 2012

Look what the tide brought in


 

My First post. Created to share an obsession with all the many things that inspire me within the wonderful process of designing pattern and print, the destination being my collection of scarves 'Emse & Esme' www.emseandesme.com

I begin each morning in the best possible way. I walk my beloved dog along the harbour and along the wonderful Dorset coast line at Baiter park. I am also in the midst of designing the new Emse & Esme collection. At my feet, amongst the rocks and seaweed, like a gem is a fragment of a plate with ornate pattern beautifully distressed through its passage from the sea to the shore. It leaps into my pocket.

All of a sudden my morning walks become even more exciting and quickly I am amassing a collection of jade green tiles, turquoise shards of pottery and exquisite fragments of hand painted porcelain.




No comments:

Post a Comment